Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From my cousin, who is AWESOME.

My cousin Danielle is the source of all my music. I know she has her sources, but I like to pretend that she spends her nights scouring small venues for awesome new music. She recently showed me this website: http://www.blogotheque.net/spip.php?page=cae_all&lang=fr, which is totally cool and totally in French. Basically, this guy goes around to various shows and gets the artists to play "Encore" shows in strange places--like getting Arcade Fire to play in an elevator, or Cold War Kids in a warehouse (WHILE riding those flatbed box moving things). My absolute favorite, if you can find it in the non-alphabetical list, it Jason Mraz **doing 'Lovely Day' with a street musician in what appears to be France or Spain. LOVE IT.

Sidenote: The site layout was recently changed, and I don't speak French. So hopefully the good videos are still there somewhere. I think I've linked to the main part here....but again with the "No French" issue, so who knows!

**It's in the second column, next to #74 (which is in the first column.) No, his is not #75, that would make to much sense. It's unumbered, and the one on the other side is #73. Crazy French numbering system....

No comments: