First off, I had to write the second word in that title three times before I could spell it correctly.
What I gave up for Lent are things that were hurting me physically and emotionally:
I gave up Fast Food (classified as anything with a drive through) because we've been using those places too much lately when we are too lazy to make dinner. It's got to stop for both heath and financial reasons. So hopefully we can cleanse the craving for those foods in the next forty days and my pants can gain a little dignity back.
I also gave up my crutches in the baby-making department. No thermometers, no meters, no test sticks, nothing but good old fashioned nature for the next 40 days. They always say "It happens when you quit trying," so we'll see. If anything it will give me time to relax and untie myself from all the tracking I've been doing. I think my soul needs a little break as well, so we'll just let things ride until after Easter.
Hopefully the combination of these to things will help me get through the season with a renewed spirit and mind. I plan to use this time for what it was meant for--to reconnect with my faith focus on the blessings that we do have, not that which we do not have.
1 comment:
No fast food- awesome sacrifice!... And leaving behind the babymaking tools- also awesome! Just relax and have fun with the babymaking... You've been through soooo much, it's time to have some fun. (And everyone's right: that's when it happens... That's when it happened for us, and every other friend who has recently had babies!)
Post a Comment